If you lose access to your virtual machine because of an incorrect firewall rule, or a software update gone wrong, you can still gain access by using VNC. VNC can be used on both Linux and Windows virtual machines.
To use/enable VNC, you will need to do the following:
• Head to Exodus Hosts and click Manage VPS.
• Choose Options > Manage for the VPS you intend to do this with.
• Choose Rescue VPS.
• Under Unlock VNC by IP Address enter the IP address you wish to unlock VNC access for and choose Unlock.
• Make a note of the VNC Hostname - this should say something like 'vnc.exodusvps.com:6157'. Also make a note of the password.
• With both the VNC hostname and password, use a VNC client (such as Tight VNC) to gain access to your virtual machine