You can make MySQL databases in seconds directly from your NYs Hosts control panel.
This option is unavailable for packages hosted on our WordPress platform due to its WP-optimised nature. If you need to make a MySQL database, you'll need to carry out a Platform Transfer to move the website to our Linux web hosting platform.
Starter Hosting packages are limited to one MySQL database. For more databases, you can upgrade your hosting package through NYs Hosts, or purchase an additional hosting plan.
To make new MySQL databases:
1. Log in to NYs Hosts and click Manage Hosting.
2. Choose Manage next to the hosting package you wish to make a MySQL database for.
3. Under Web Tools, click MySQL Databases. Here you can complete the following actions:
- - Make new MySQL databases. Each MySQL database has a maximum size of 1024MB (1GB).
- - Manage existing databases.
- - Add additional MySQL users to databases.
- - Manage your additional MySQL users.
4. Under Add a new MySQL Database, choose a name for your database. Database names must be between 6 and 20 characters long, and we automatically add a suffix to avoid name collisions with other users.
5. Once you have chosen a name, click CreateDatabase. Your new MySQL database will automatically appear in the Manage MySQL Databases section underneath.
From here you can change the automatically generated password, monitor usage, remove your MySQL database, or log in to your database.