You can migrate WordPress sites via FTP using our Migration Centre. This will copy-over the site files and database into a package that it creates for you.
To do this:
- Login to Nys Hosts
- Head to the Nys Hosts Migration Centre and click Start New Migration.
- Choose the option, Migrate a WordPress site using FTP and click Next.
- Here you’ll be required to input 4 pieces of information:
- Hostname: the FTP hostname, so the server you'd connect to via FTP
- Domain: the domain name of the site you’ll be migrating
- Username: the FTP username you’ll use, it is very often the domain of the site e.g. example.com
- Password: the FTP password you’d use to connect to FTP.
- Once you’ve entered those details choose Next.
- The Migration Centre will then show you which packages will be migrated across, simply choose Start to begin the migration.
For an average size site, you can expect the migration to take 30 minutes to 1 hour. You’ll receive an email informing you when the migration is complete by default; this can be deactivated in the Migrations Overview.
If you then want to migrate in the emails for the package, you can do this using our Email Migrations tool.