Timeline Backups allow you restore data between packages, making them an ideal tool to assist with 'cloning' websites in your account.
For example, if you wanted to clone foo.com into a package called bar.com:
- Setup an empty package with domain name bar.com
- Head to the Timeline Backups Page
- Click Manage Snapshots next to foo.com
- Click Restore - Choose a snapshot time
- Set the target package to be bar.com
- Start the restore by pressing the Restore button
The control panel will show you when the restore is in progress. Navigating away from the page will not cancel the restore and you can view on any previous jobs by heading back into the Manage Snapshots area for “foo.com” and clicking View Jobs.