If you're using Windows, you'll need to download an SSH Client to access SSH.
This guide uses PuTTY which is a free SSH client and can be downloaded here: https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html
- Once you have downloaded PuTTY, search for and open PuTTY Key Generator on your computer.
- Click Generate and move the mouse around in the gray box to generate some Randomness. This will generate a public key.
- Add a passphrase (password). This is what you'll need to put into the command line interface.
- Log in to Exodus Hosts, head to Manage Hosting and choose the package that you want SSH access for. Then choose, SSH Access from under the Security section.
- Then input the public key that was generated from PuTTYgen into the Public Key box. A handle will be generated automatically. Then choose Add Public Key.
- Head back to PuTTY Gen and click Save private key. Save this as any name you want.
- Open PuTTY. Down the left-hand side, choose to expand the SSH menu and then choose Auth.
- Choose Browse and add the private key you have just saved.
- Head back to Session using the left-hand menu and add the host name ‘ssh.exoduscp.com’ and choose Open
- The command line interface will be show. Then login with your domain (e.g. domain.co.uk).
- You'll then be prompted for the passphrase that you set earlier. Enter this.
- You'll now have access to SSH for your site